Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wow...

I know, mesmerizing title, right? Oh, well... Nobody reads this anyway.

Summer's going along. Love that I've been student-free for three weeks now! No parent complaints, no stupid administrators (ok, just one of them sucked. The other two are pretty cool). No papers to grade, you name something that sucks about teaching, and I don't miss it!! Ok, some of my students were pretty cool, and I love getting a good parent that works with me rather than thinking I'm out to get their child. The rest of them can go scratch.

What have I been doing so far, you ask? Well, it started out less than fantastic. My dad's cancer has advanced to the point where the doctors can't do anything else for him. It really sucks. I was never a daddy's girl, neither was my sister. My dad had it kind of rough growing up, and he really tried hard not to let that influence how he raised us. We got beatings, my older brother and I more than the younger two, but I'm not any worse for the wear now, and it was all disciplinary, never 'just because'. Now that I'm older, he's definitely more gentle, and we have a companionship that I can't explain. He gave me my love for the Giants, the Yankees, and all things being logical. I'm sure his life as an accountant somehow translated to me being a Math teacher. We're good now, and we tell each other all the time that we love each other, I just don't know how much longer he has. I'm fortunate that I know it's coming and I can prepare for it with no regrets. It's just frustrating watching him do really well, then not well.

Uplifting, right? Here's news: my sister's knocked up!! That's right! 19 months of trying and I'm going to be an aunt!!

Other than that, I've been trying to have as much fun with the kids as possible. I want them to have a great summer. We were down the shore today for the first time, and both kids are so tired! We camped out in the backyard, and will go to Maine later this summer.

God this post sucks. Sorry it's so boring. I'll post again when I feel properly entertaining

1 comment:

Wendy Baubach said...

I hate that for u and ur dad........I'll be thinking of you